Since 2001, Dr. Christopher Liang has been practicing orthodontics and taking great care of our patients’ smiles and oral health needs. He has years of training and experience that you deserve from your orthodontist. He attended the University of Notre Dame as a pre-professional studies major and anthropology minor, graduating in 1994. He then went on to graduate from the University of Maryland Dental School in 1998.
Dr. Liang completed the University of Maryland Medical System General Practice residency in 1999 and then received his Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from the Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine in 2001. He attends monthly continuing education courses and goes annually to the American Association of Orthodontists Annual Session, where he attends several lectures. He also meets monthly with a small group of orthodontists to review and discuss orthodontic cases. Dr. Liang has taken many hours of education for Invisalign®, self-ligating braces, surgical orthodontics, and sleep apnea treatment.
Along with being a member of the American Dental Association, Dr. Liang is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American College of Dentists, the Maryland State Dental Association, the Southern Maryland Dental Society, the District of Columbia Dental Society, the Mid-Atlantic Society of Orthodontists, and the Maryland State Society of Orthodontists. He has also served in many organizations and won multiple awards:
- Dr. Liang served as the past president of the Southern Maryland Dental Society and the Maryland State Society of Orthodontists. There, he received the Maryland State Dental Association’s New Dentist Leadership Award.
- He is an assistant clinical professor of orthodontics at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry.
- He is a delegate to the American Dental Association’s House of Delegates, representing the Maryland State Dental Association.
- Dr. Liang sits on the board of the University of Maryland School of Dentistry’s Alumni Association.
- He is on the dental committee for the Mid-Maryland Mission of Mercy, an event that provides urgent dental care for adults who cannot afford regular dental care. It acts a free 2-day clinic that provides cleanings, fillings, extractions, and root canals.
- He is on the executive board for the Maryland State Dental Association Charitable and Education Foundation.
Dr. Liang strives to be honest with his patients, educating them as much as possible about the services they are about to undertake. He works hard to ensure all of his patients are happy with the treatment they receive from our orthodontic office.
Outside of work, Dr. Liang enjoys playing golf, fishing, skiing, photography, and reading good books. He also likes to watch the Redskins, Capitals, and Notre Dame football and basketball. He looks forward to seeing you at our office!