Night guards are mouth guards that are worn at night in order to treat bruxism. Commonly called teeth grinding and clenching, bruxism can cause severe tooth wear and damage, as well as leading to several painful symptoms. Our orthodontists may provide a night guard to prevent you from clenching and grinding, thus avoiding abnormal tooth wear and alleviating the pain caused by bruxism. We welcome you to contact Liang Orthodontics today for more information about how we can treat teeth grinding in Washington, District Of Columbia, and to schedule a visit with Drs. Liang and Liang.
If you suspect that you suffer from bruxism, our orthodontists can recommend a custom-made night guard to help protect your teeth from the damage that occurs when you grind and clench your teeth at night.
Common signs of bruxism include:
- Chronic jaw pain
- Ear pain
- Aching or tightness in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Teeth that are excessively worn, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Teeth that are chipped, flattened, or cracked
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks
If you notice the signs of bruxism, please contact our practice at 202-637-8189. Our orthodontists can evaluate your teeth to determine the best treatment for you, and can provide a custom night guard to help you sleep peacefully and protect your smile.