Have you been cleaning your braces and your teeth? When executing your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be trying with braces, it may be necessary to add an additional level of treatment such as mouthwash. In addition, follow these amazing tips to keep your braces clean and strong:
– Always go to any appointments that you have with your orthodontist.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the damaged end with a piece of wax and call your orthodontist immediately.
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily stuck in between your braces and teeth, including chewy treats, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Always take the time to wash your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and contamination.
– Always wear safety equipment when playing contact sports or participating in high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is necessary to protect your mouth.
– Even with braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once a day.
No matter the orthodontic enhancement you desire, Dr. Christopher Liang and our team at Liang Orthodontics is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our orthodontic office in Washington, DC, please contact us at 202-966-7711 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to improving your smile!